The Bontrager Charge WaveCel commuter helmet employs all the incredible benefits of WaveCel safety technology while keeping it functional and stylish. It's a great everyday helmet for commuting and rides around town with features that will keep you protected and keep a smile on your face.
What is WaveCel technology?
The inside of WaveCel helmets are lined with a honeycomb-like collapsible cellular structure that acts like a crumple zone to absorb more impact force than ever. The result is a truly revolutionary helmet that Bontrager states is 48 times better than industry standard EPS foam at preventing concussions. This Bontrager-exclusive technology disrupts 30 year-old industry safety standards and could change how cycling helmets are made forever.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- WaveCel technology for the safest helmet on the market
- Easy one-handed adjustments with the Boa System for a comfortable fit
- Fidlock magnetic buckles that slide together quickly and easily without the pinch
- Easy inegration of Bontrager light accessories with the Rear Blendr mount system
- Soft, comfortable, moisture-wicking, and washable helmet pads
- Built-in visor provides keeps the sun and rain out of your eyes
- Reflective elements placed on the back of the helmet make you more visible to traffic
- The Crash Replacement Guarantee will give you a free helmet replacement if you are in a crash within the first year of owning your WaveCel helmet
- Small: 51-57cm
- Medium: 54-60cm
- Large: 58-63cm
WaveCel achieves revolutionary saftey performance with this three step process. The cells flex to reduce frictional forces, then crumple to absorb impact, then glide to redirect energy.
This graphic from Bontrager shows the probability of AIS 2 Injury (BrIC) at a 6.2 M/S 45° angled impact, and compares industry standard helemts to the performance of the exact same helmets with WaveCel inserts.
This image depicts how cyclists using Wavecel technology are less affected by impacts from common cycling crashes. Bontrager maintains that Wavecel inserts improve a cyclists' chances of avoiding a concussion by 48 times.
Bontrager Wavecel in depth review
Join Ian and Pancho for an in depth review on Bontrager Wavecel technology and what it means for you!
Bontrager Charge WaveCel Helmet
Bontrager WaveCel Helmets
|Battleship Blue / Small||601842034576||576698||HEL47506556C|
|Battleship Blue / Medium||601842034583||576699||HEL48996988C|
|Battleship Blue / Large||601842034590||576700||HEL47899849C|
|Black / Small||601842034514||576692||HEL42659066C|
|Black / Medium||601842034521||576693||HEL43945328C|
|Black / Large||601842034538||576694||HEL42340542C|
|Era White/Black / Small||601842034545||576695||HEL45415907C|
|Era White/Black / Medium||601842034552||576696||HEL46981045C|
|Era White/Black / Large||601842034569||576697||HEL45475757C|
|Radioactive Yellow/Black / Small||601842034606||576701||HEL50316568C|
|Radioactive Yellow/Black / Medium||601842034613||576702||HEL51410040C|
|Radioactive Yellow/Black / Large||601842034620||576703||HEL50846348C|